Plant Maintenance Engineering and Management
By: S. Bobby Rauf, P.E., C.E.M, MBA
Topics to be covered
- Maintenance Engineering and Management
- Fundamentals of Electricity. Electrical and Control Systems
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Preventive and Predictive Maintenance, and Cost Savings Opportunities
- Energy Management and Conservation.
- Safety in Industrial Environment
- Plant Project Engineering and Management
- Life Cycle Cost and Economic Justification of Capital Projects
Learning Objectives & Take-Aways – After Attending this Course:
- You will have a better appreciation of challenges associated with sustaining and maintaining large industrial and commercial facilities, effectively and efficiently.
- You will be able to apply proven best practices that can help you maintain/sustain large industrial, institutional and commercial equipment and other critical assets in a cost effective, efficient and lean manner.
- Yow will gain familiarity with major types of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- You will be able to apply proven and effective energy and other utilities conservation ideas to reduce the operating costs in large industrial, institutional and commercial facilities.
- You will be able to apply proven best practices for effective interface and management of maintenance, energy and utilities technicians.
- You will be able to apply proven and effective safety best practices in large industrial, institutional and commercial environment.
- You become aware of plant engineering project mapping and project flow.
- You will know the gravity of workplace harassment, team morale and positive reinforcement.
- You will know how to develop project life cycle cost and how to perform basic financial analysis.
- You will get answers to your plant maintenance, facilities management, and plant engineering related questions.
Who should attend:
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Licensed Professional Engineers, who need to meet the annual or biennial license renewal PDH (Professional Development Hour) or CEU (Continuing Education Units) requirements.
- Facilities Managers
- Energy Professionals
- Purchasing/Procurement Professionals
- Technicians with Plant Maintenance Responsibility in Industrial, Commercial or Institutional Environment
- Other professionals whose annual PLP, Performance and Learning Program, includes acquisition of facilities management knowledge.
“SemTrain, LLC, is an approved sponsor and course provider with NY, NYSED, Maryland, NCBELS, North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and FBPE, Florida Board of Professional Engineers, New Jersey, for the provision of CPC, Continuing Professional Competency, courses.”
“SemTrain, LLC, is approved for US Federal Government Contract Work, and is SAM and CAGE registered.
Important Notes for Participants:
- In order to enhance the learning experience, the class size is limited – register early.
- Seminars are subject to cancellation if the minimum registration threshold is not met. Registration fees will be refunded in entirety if a seminar is cancelled.
- Name on the attendance certificate will be as it appears on the registration documents. Please Note: If an admin associate registers you, have them enter YOUR name on the registration/payment form.
- Verify exact location of venue before the seminar date. *
- Bring valid ID and copy of registration information. *
- Light refreshments will be served. *
- Certificates of attendance will be provided.
- The handouts for the course will be provided via “Drop Box.”
- Seminar Hours – Each Day: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. One hour for lunch. *
- Venue Wi-Fi where available. *
Professor S. Bobby Rauf, P.E, C.E.M, MBA; member, ASEE, American Society of Engineering Education.
Bobby Rauf is the President, Chief Consultant and a Senior Instructor at Sem-Train, LLC. Bobby has over 25 years of experience in teaching undergraduate and post-graduate Engineering, Math, Business Administration and MBA courses, seminars and workshops. Professor Rauf is registered (PE) Professional Engineer, in the State of North Carolina and is a Certified Energy Manager.
Mr. Rauf was inducted as “Legend in Energy” by AEE, in 2014. He is a published author of multiple engineering and energy books and professional development courses. He holds a patent in process controls technology.
Professor Rauf is certified to instruct various engineering, ergonomics, and industrial safety courses. He has conducted certification training and trained engineers for Professional Engineering licensure exams in the United States, The United Kingdom, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Netherlands and Ukraine, over the past ten years.
Mr. Rauf develops and instructs PDH (Professional Development Hour) and, continuing education, engineering skill building courses. He conducts these courses in form of webinars, live on-site presentations, workshops, pre-recorded audio and self-study texts. Some his major clients include Texas A&M University, Saudi Aramco – KSA, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, McNeese University, Lamar University, Clemson University, Association of Energy Engineers, EPIC College – Canada; US Bureau of Reclamation, BHP Billiton, PDH Engineers, CED, and PDH Source. He is also an Adjunct Professor at Gardner-Webb University.
Professor Rauf has also developed and published several self-study books that cater to the continuous professional development needs of Engineers, Technicians and Technical Managers.
Mr. Rauf’s last full-time engineering employment, in the corporate world, was at PPG Industries, Inc. where he served as a Senior Staff Engineer. During his long career at PPG, his responsibilities included development and management of energy and ergonomicsprograms for mul tiple manufacturing plants, in the US and overseas. He also provided consultation and training services in, energy, electrical engineering, industrial safety, ergonomics and arc flash arena. His extensive engineering experience includes, power design, control system design, project management, process management, energy and utilities management, energy audits/assessments, plant maintenance, robotics, manufacturing automation, HVAC audits, and design of ergonomic equipment.
- Text book titled “Electrical Engineering for Non-Electrical Engineering,” The Second Edition of this book was published in 2016 through Fairmont Press and CRC Press – Worldwide distribution.
- Text book titled “Thermodynamics Made Simple for Energy Engineers,”Published in 2012 through Fairmont Press and CRC Press – Worldwide distribution.
- Text book titled “Finance and Accounting for Energy Engineers,” Published in 2011 through Fairmont Press and CRC Press – Worldwide distribution.
- BHP Billiton
- Saudi Aramco (Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- US Bureau of Reclamation (Hoover Dam)
- Balfour Beatty
- Shaw Group
- McNeese University
- North Carolina State University
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte
- Texas A&M University,
- Clemson University,
- PPG Industries, Inc.,
- PPI, Professional Publications
- University of Maryland Baltimore County,
- EPIC (Canada)
- Y-F Asia – Singapore
Testimonials from clients:
- Timothy M., CEM, CDSM: “Bobby: I wanted to pass on my thoughts concerning the recently completed, Electrical Engineering for Non-Electrical Engineers. I found it to be very helpful, especially the section on Power Factor. I have had it explained to me a number of times, but your explanation was the best.
- Kimberly T., 2011: Bobby, I would like to say that even though I am not an engineer, I am really glad that I took this class (EE for Non-EE). You have helped me to dissect and visualize some of the terms and concepts that were not tangible to me prior to this class.
- Gregory (Greg) V. D., P.E.: “Hi Bobby, I’ve enjoyed both of your pdhengineer.com webinars that I’ve attended……..I don’t know how you get through a full 8 hours at such a high energy level!”
- Dr. A. P., Professor and Dean, 2013: “Dear Bobby, it was such a pleasure to meet you and having you as the great instructor of our Electrical Engineering seminar. As I understood from the attendees they really enjoyed your course and learned a lot…”
Cancellation Policy: Full refund granted if registration is cancelled 30 days or more prior to the scheduled date of the seminar; otherwise, registrant can apply the course credit toward attendance at another, scheduled, equivalent event, in the region, at a later date.
SemTrain, LLC, reserves the right to cancel the seminar when minimum registration threshold is not met. In such case, SemTrain, LLC, will issue full refund to the registrant. Registrants for live, in-person seminars, in some cases, may be given the option to attend the on-line, live, webinar, version of the seminar.
Sem-Train LLC ©
All Rights Reserved.
Prices subject to change without notice.