Introduction to Professional Code of Ethics
- Code of ethics is a system of principles or rules for conduct and decision making in professional situations
- A code of ethics is not typically enforced by law.
- An action may be legal and still violate a code of ethical or professional behavior.
- All major US engineering professional societies have adopted codes of ethics.
- Most have adopted the Code of Ethics of Engineers, as developed by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET). To be continued!
For full participation in one of our live, on-line, courses on this topic, please go to www.sem-train.com.